Sunday, January 31, 2021

The Maitland-Smith Dollhouse

We bought this Maitland Smith Dollhouse Liquor Mahogany Cabinet from Rainier, Oregon in January, 2018. It was in fairly good condition, with a few chips and nicks and missing a mullion from one of the windows. It was also missing the shelf inside, but I plan to turn it into a 3 storeyed building, and can use my own shelves. I have wanted this dollhouse for so long, but now that I have it, I am not sure how I want to decorate it. Sometimes I think I will turn it into a museum, and sometimes I think it will be the home for my Heidi Ott dolls. What I do know is that I don't want to damage the cabinet, so I will put a smaller bookshelf inside it and decorate the bookshelf instead of modifying the actual cabinet. I will also need to use battery lights because I will not run a wire through the cabinet wall.





No comments:

Post a Comment